i was just wondering if there is any activity towards having the ability to offer some easily comprehendable and end-user-manageable “partial-layout” option for pages, like so (without having to use any of RTE or HTML):
– user choses page (and position) on which the content should appear (backend -> pages)
– user clicks on “new content snippet”
– some radio buttons offer a choice (eg, as in typo3: image left + text right / image-right + text left / whatever… … …)
– after having chosen the content-snippet-type a form comes up with nothing but the fields required for the type of content chosen
I tried searching plugins and forum but coulnd’t find anything yet.
Up to now i’m still not even sure where to begin but the architecture of wordpress makes me think that this can be done somehow and that there should be a way to make this even integrate nicely into the system.
While writing i get the idea that this comes down to ‘just’ extending the backend options for pages. Hum. I once wrote a very small plugin to influence frontend-output, never intruded into the backend files. Anyway, if anyone knows something helpful, please let me know.
- The topic ‘Question on easily manageable layout-snippets’ is closed to new replies.