[Resolved] Question: Can you display a series of testimonials horizontally?
We want to have 5 testimonial images displaying in a horizontal line, side-by-side, and link out. Is this possible with your plugin?
OK, so it sounds like there is not an option to change the orientation, right? Can you give me any leads on how to attack these 3 files? Why JS?
Correct about being no option to change orientation. I’m not exactly sure how to do it myself, but have seen simliar changes.
Oh wait, I’m a dummy. Why not create a div block, put 5 [testimonialswidget_widget] shortcodes in it and then use CSS to float the testimonials left and remove the uneeded components.
In doing this, I would recommend getting Testimonials Widget Premium for access to the display unique option so that you don’t repeat testimonials in the five. Also, if you don’t have many testimonials, make sure decrease the limit on the 5 widgets.
In the end you might have something like
<div> [testimonialswidget_widget unique=true limit=3] [testimonialswidget_widget unique=true limit=3] [testimonialswidget_widget unique=true limit=3] [testimonialswidget_widget unique=true limit=3] [testimonialswidget_widget unique=true limit=3] </div>
Thanks for the info.
What is the difference between the testimonialswidget_widget and testimonialswidget_list shortcodes.
A little more clarification on what I’m after.
1. I want the typical testimonial in the sidebar, with full quote, title, company, etc that refreshes on page load.
2. On the Home page I want a series of 5 logos to display (only the logos, no text, no name, etc.) in a horizontal line that refresh upon page load, and are unique (as you mentioned above).
Therefore, would I configure the list for one use and the widget for the other? Which would be which?
Again, thank you for your assistance.
A list is a list of testimonials. A widget rotates through them.
For your home page, you could use a list shortcode, images only, random = true.
Do you have a shortcode reference that I can view? What is the syntax for images only?
When I put in
<div> [testimonialswidget_list unique=true random=true limit=1] [testimonialswidget_list unique=true random=true limit=1] [testimonialswidget_list unique=true random=true limit=1] [testimonialswidget_list unique=true random=true limit=1] [testimonialswidget_list unique=true random=true limit=1] </div>
“No testimonials found” displays.
And I did purchase the premium widget.
One more question, can you make the image link to the company URL and not the post?
How many testimonials do you have?
Have you cleared the cache? See FAQ 1.
For linking image to company URL, you’ll need to use filter
function testimonials_widget_get_testimonial_htmlin testimonials-widget-premium.php as an example.
Sorry, I know that I have many questions embedded in this thread, so I’ll try to break out the remaining ones.
We’ll have about 20-30 testimonials in all, within a couple of different categories.
1. I saw that you have a shortcode reference on you plugin’s WP page, but I did not see one that would list images only as you mentioned above. Can you point me to that?
2. When I purchased the Pro version it broke my widget. An error “No testimonials found” displays until I disable the premium widget. So I cannot access the additional features I purchased. I have a testing and live site that I installed it on. Are you allowed only one instance?
3. I looked at testimonials_widget_get_testimonial_html in testimonials-widget-premium.php but it made no sense to me. Is there an option to do this, or do I have to hack the plugin’s code? I’d rather not do that.
1. Basically your shortcode contains every
2. You can have multiple instances. However, are you using the
uniqueoption? If you use too high of a limit, it’s not possible for follow on testimonials to be selected. Also, what selection criteria are you using? Have you tried clearing the cache via Testimonials > Settings > Premium tab, Clear Cache?
testimonials_widget_get_testimonial_htmlallows you to recreate the testimonials however you want. There’s no need to hack the plugin code. Search in the
testimonials-widget-premium.phpfile for that filters usage.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Question: Can you display a series of testimonials horizontally?’ is closed to new replies.