Support » Plugin: qTranslate » qTranslate and WordPress 3.9.

  • whaus

    (@whaus)


    hi!
    is there someone already using a WP 3.9 beta together with qTranslate? It worked for me with a 3.9 alpha (changing the “supported version” in qtranslate, of course), but now the blog in my testing environment doesn’t seem to work anymore since a 3.9 beta installed itself. I get an error like:
    Object of class WP_Post could not be converted to string in .../blog/wp-content/plugins/qtranslate/qtranslate_core.php on lin e485

    Strangely, the line referenced is part of the date/time functions (qtrans_strftime):
    return $before.strftime($format, $date).$after;

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/qtranslate/

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • well, as some kind of workaround until a new qtranslate version comes out, I helped myself by simply removing the “$before.” from the last line quoted above. in my environment, that doesn’t seem to have a visible impact on the date display, and with it removed, qtranslate works here with WP 3.9

    Tracey

    (@traceyrissik)

    Thanks for the heads-up – I’ve just been having problems with auto-updating from 3.8.1 to 3.8.2 and 3.8.3 – so I’ve switched off auto-updating of WP until things are more stable!

    Thanks, I can confirm this fixes the problem for me, too. However, the line number is not 485 but 455 in my case.

    As with the last 3 updates – I just changed the wordpress version number to 3.9 in the main plugin file and all working fine now.

    Changing version number to 3.9 in qtranslate.php didn’t work for me this time. My website was a complete mess and I had to manually downgrade to 3.8.2.

    Dear whaus, many thanks for your quick solution!

    I appreciate it!

    In my case it worked smoothly with 3.8.3 but with 3.9 it did not work. I had to go back to 3.8.3.

    upgrading to 3.9 made problems in visual editor. They introduced a new html editor instance, so the qtranslate javascript code is not working good any more. I got errors in the CMS.
    Did anyone find a solution for that?

    Remove the “$before.” at line 455 works for me. Many thanks whaus.
    I don’t see any problem right now… But I am wondering in what this “$before.” was useful. Strange.

    thanks whaus, it works now !

    My articles and menu didnt work since updated to 3.9 this morning !

    Object of class WP_Post could not be converted to string in …/blog/wp-content/plugins/qtranslate/qtranslate_core.php on line 455

    return $before.strftime($format, $date).$after;

    simply removing the “$before.” in qtranslate_core.php file from the last line quoted above and with it removed, qtranslate works here with WP 3.9 !

    Cya

    Thank you so much whaus, it works for me, and you save my blog and my woocommerce 😀

    @lakilevi I’m having the same problem.
    The visual editor is not working. I get this error:
    TypeError: r is undefined
    in tinymce.min.js (line 8)

    Thank you a lot Whaus. Remove the “$before.” at line 455 works for me too. For the visual issues, you only need to change the version number of Qtranslate to 3.9 in qtranslate.php and done! it should works properly and we only have to wait for the next update.

    unfortunately is not enough to change the version number.
    My visual editor is not loading, it makes a js error.

    I have the same problem. I tried to change first the version to 3.9 in qtranslate.php and then it said “fatal error” and nothing worked anymore. I removed the qtranslate plugin via FTP and replaced it with the old version. Then I tried only to remove the “$before.” as you all said, and then it says “no data transfered from server”. I again only exchanged qtranslate core back to its original state. Now at least the pages look ok again, but none of my posts. I would be so so happy and grateful about an idea, thank you!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • The topic ‘qTranslate and WordPress 3.9.’ is closed to new replies.