I am trying to use the system to manage stock, maintain stock record and raise POs but have encountered a series of problems as a new user. Sorry this request is so long but I have tried to capture the problems as I have worked through your system. if it needs breaking into smaller chunks please do so or ask me to.
I am using a child theme under Storefront 2.2.5.
I import wine to the UK from France. I buy in Euros and sell in Sterling. I buy and sell including VAT (which at the moment are the same rates but could vary in the future).
My prices are highly variable even from the same supplier according to the quantity I am buying.
Thus far, I have given ATUM control of stock and as a database it is performing well. I have entered suppliers and linked them to products so can quickly view all products from a single supplier. However I have come across some issue and list them below. Some are just development suggestions but some (PO System) are serious and preventing me from using the entire system and its benefits.
1. Allocating the supplier to a user listed every user on the system (including customers) so it would be useful to have a filter that only listed requested user types (administrator, Shop Manager, etc.) to select from.
2. When a new supplier is entered and there is no supplier link on the product, it is possible to search all products in a new PO. This should be restricted to force the link between supplier and product? Once the products are linked, the restriction applies.
3. I have listed my supplier’s currency as euros but the PO shows the sterling sign (£) not euros (€). This looks to be a WooCommerce settings restriction but it would help to show the correct currency on the PO. This may need integrating to and amending the settings page?
4. POs have to be created but Suppliers are just draft or published and (I assume) only enter your system when published but this is not made clear. Might be useful to have a similar create control button to force the supplier being entered. There seems little point to me of having a draft supplier but maybe others can give reasons why it is helpful? Also, even though it was asking me to create the PO, it allowed me to add notes before I had done so.
5. When processing orders (or looking at stock central in general), it would be useful to search on a group of suppliers rather than searching each one at a time. For me this is not a great problem with only 20 suppliers and 40 products but for larger shops it could be useful.
6. The main problem I am having is with the New PO system. It works in part but I cannot get the pricing and calculation parts to work as shown in the video.
7. When adding an item to the PO, then selecting products, I have to type the product name to be able to select it whereas a dropdown list showing the linked products would be quicker and easier (as long as it continues to allow you to enter multiple products at the same time as the existing system does).
8. I cannot edit the purchase price in the quick edit function of a product.
9. If there is no purchase price on the product and I start new PO, the price comes out as 0.00. If I pre-enter a purchase price to the product and then start a new PO it recognises the purchase price and lists it. However, if I open a PO without a product purchase price listed, save it and add the price to the product then return to edit the PO, it does not pick up the changed status for the product purchase price.
10. Because my settings allow for VAT on my sales, your system picks this up (and it may need to be separated) as when it takes the purchase price from the product listing it assumes it is including VAT as per the general settings and reduces the price to the net cost. This means that I have to enter my purchase prices including VAT which is not the normal practice as items are generally listing in invoices excluding VAT then the VAT is added at the end. For now I am adding prices as VAT inclusive to the product (and not setting the price from the PO, see later).
11. The PO does not show a VAT exclusive total in the summary. It shows discount, Shipping and Tax but not the total net purchase figure. A summary total would be useful.
12. Once an item is listed, I cannot seem to edit it to change either the price or the quantity at the line level. When I open the edit function on an existing line item, I can change the quantity but both the unit price and the total price change to reflect the new quantity (only the total should change) but I cannot seem to save the edit line by line. Each time I have to use the save button and this is not intuitive. If I am ordering multiple products, I would normally want to enter all products first, then the quantities one at a time and then save.
13. If I enter a single line item with no purchase price and edit it to show a price then save it, it does not show the price on the first line but enters a second (grayed out) line that shows the price I have entered and alongside it, the VAT figure included in it. If I then recalculate, it gives really strange output figures. It does not recognise the purchase price I have entered and if I try to set the purchase price, even though it shows the price I have entered, it only offers me to save the price as 0. So it seems this areas needs some work (or my installation has problems)?
14. I explained above that I had to enter the product purchase price as including VAT to get the PO to list it properly (so, I entered 7.80 on the product for your PO to show the correct net price of 6.50). If I then set the purchase price through the PO button it offers to set it as the excluding VAT price (6.50). If I do this, it changes the purchase price on the product listing. If I now add a new line for the same product, it gives me the 6.50 price less the VAT (i.e.it shows 5.42). If I now set the purchase price, it seems to recognise it properly and offers to set it to 5.4167.
15. Now when I go back to the product page, expecting to see the 5.42 price, it shows the 6.50 price which I now assume is the system set VAT inclusive price.
16. So to overcome this, I tried to set prices not on my products but only on the PO sheet through the edit function. But then the system does not accept it and only offers me a 0 price to set! This needs resolving to ensure the price is properly recorded whether through the product or the PO (or you need to restrict it to one or the other).
17. I tried to manage it by entering the product purchase price on the product then setting it on the PO but got more problems as follows:
a – entering the price in the product as net (e.g., 18.00) * 1.2 (21.60) * 1.2 = 25.92.
b – entering a new item, add product to the PO which then shows the net * 1.2 = 21.52
c – Setting the purchase price (it offers 21.52)
d – Adding a new line with the same product which now tells me the price is 21.60
e – setting the purchase price (which changes the price to the required 18.00) and offers me 18.00. This then sets the purchase price on the product page as 21.60 (i.e. inclusive of VAT)
f – To check I enter a third line for the same product and it seems to come up right. However, If I once again set the product price it offers 18.00 and sets this on the product page.
g – Entering the product on a new line once again gives me the 18.00 less vat figure of 15.00!
This iteration continues for each new line and price setting.
Effectively, at the moment, I cannot use the pricing function and the POs are only suitable for recording the product quantities and timings.
If it would help to share my screen over a skype or similar link I am happy to do so. What you are tying to produce is great and if I can help I will.
- The topic ‘Purchase Order Problems’ is closed to new replies.