Completed an install4free request, but upon testing the installation, found it takes 2-5 minutes to Publish a post and return to the Write Post screen. Once it just returned to a blank screen after saving the post. If I interrupt the publishing process, the post seems as it was completely saved. Any ideas on what is happening or what I can look at?
WordPress 2.0.7, default theme, no plugins
PHP Version 4.4.4-pl4-gentoo
Other things tried that didn’t solve the problem:
1. Reuploaded WordPress files 3 times
2. Tried setting Options, Writing, Update Services set to empty or three other different services
3. Discussion, Allows Pings, on the Post checked or unchecked
4. Tried Firefox and IE6
5. Visually Rich Editor on or off
6. Installed Pingfix plugin and that didn’t solve (www.daven.se/usefulstuff/wordpress-plugins.html)
7. Put php_value display_errors in .htaccess and it showed no errors
8. Login was unbearably slow so solved that problem by disabling the feeds to the Dashboard by commenting out lines 18,129,146 in wp-admin/index.php.
9. dnsreport.com shows a yellow warning for “Glue at parent nameservers” but end-user doesn’t think that is a problem.
10. Saving a post as a draft happens almost instantly.
- The topic ‘Publishing a post takes 2 to 5 minutes’ is closed to new replies.