Support » Fixing WordPress » Published Pages Missing from Appearances Menu options
Published Pages Missing from Appearances Menu options
Has anyone had trouble with published pages not appearing under “Add Menu Options”?
I have published pages that I know are in a site I am developing but they do not show up in the list after using “Search” and then don’t always seem to show up in the list. The list of pages appears to vary in length.
I have swapped out the theme which has helped a bit, I think that is how some of them started showing up in the list of all.
Any insights would be appreciated.
There could be several explanations as to why your published pages are not appearing in the Add Menu Options list. Here are a few potential causes:
1. The pages may not be set to Public visibility. Ensure that the pages you want to appear in the menu are set to Public in the Publish box on the Edit Page screen.
2. The pages may be in a status other than Published. Make sure that the pages are set to Published status.
3. The pages may be set as child pages. Confirm that the pages you want in the menu are not set as a child page of another page.
4. The pages may not be in the same menu. Verify the menu settings to guarantee that the pages you want to appear in the menu are assigned to the same menu.
5. The theme you are using may not have the option to display all pages in the menu. You may need to consult the theme documentation.
Reviewing the possibilities mentioned above may be beneficial and see if it resolves your issue. If not, please let me know, and I will be more than happy to help you further.
Thank you.Thread Starter eblakely
Thank you for your quick reply.
As I stated, all the pages are public and published. I had already switched to a basic theme so I knew that wasn’t it either. Menu settings were fine too.
Even though I have been using WP for years, I didn’t know that child pages don’t show up in the menu appearance listing. That is most probably the problem.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.