Hi there, been looking forward to WP3 and so far getting to grips with the new settings.
I’ve had a problem when it comes to establishing an integrated userbase across my networked websites under Multi-site. According to WordPress moderators, already-existing users on the base website should be able to log into all the sites on the network as a Subscriber. This is not happening for me.
My base website is http://www.sonicstadium.org, which has a lot of users who registered pre-WP3. I am trying to log into a subsite, http://sega.sonicstadium.org, using a test account. This is what is happening:
– Head to sega.sonicstadium.org, click Log In
– Redirected, without any sort of notification, to http://www.sonicstadium.org/wp-login.php (because the two login pages look the same, this will confuse users)
– Enter login credentials (again) at the base website’s login page instead. Successfully load wp-admin page.
– Direct browser, after successful login, back to http://sega.sonicstadium.org. Sidebar once more asks me to Log In, and I am unable to comment or participate in activities enjoyed by Subscribers.
Ignoring the fact that the redirect to the base website’s login page isn’t very user-friendly (despite it making sense to do so), it seems that what was said by WordPress moderators – that all users could access sub-sites using their base site’s credentials as a ‘psuedo-Subscriber’ isn’t working as well as it could be.
Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but I hope someone in the know has the ability to make this work. About the only benefit in multi-site for me was the ability to integrate users, so it would be a bit crushing to have this feature not come to fruition.
Thanks for your help in advance!
- The topic ‘"Psuedo-Subscribers" Unable To Use Network Sites’ is closed to new replies.