I’m having a really, really rough time figuring this one out…although, that’s not a surprise since I am a newbie to WordPress (but not to installing and configuring CMS’s / blogs).
I have a clean install of WordPress that I have done the following to:
– Installed 2 themes (blocks and blueprint), and set the theme to blocks.
– Changed the permalinks to Month and Name.
– Made a few other smallish tweaks: blog title, blog tag, etc.
I then tried to create a new page. I set the page as a Protected page with a password, turn off comments and pings.
When I log out, and try to access the page via the permalink, I get a 404 error. If I am logged in, I can get to the page without a problem.
I’ve done the following in trying to resolve this issue:
– Wiped and re-installed WP. (At first I thought something else might have happened to the database.)
– Changed back to the default permalinks.
– Changed the theme (I’ve tried all four that are installed: blueprint, classic, default, and blocks).
– Watched to make certain the .htaccess file is getting updated correctly when I change the permalinks.
The weird part of this whole thing is that for a while, it was working correctly.
Does anyone have any clues? Or maybe even a better process to go about debugging this issue?
Thanks for any help!