Proposition about improving background importing
My hosting have a script execution time limit,and
set_time_limit(0);in plugin code, unfortunately, doesn`t work, so here is a new alghoritm i did with this importing script.
– read $n from ‘1.txt’.
– scroll in csv file to line $n.
– add 500 goods from this point (or less if we get an end of file).
– if end of file – $n := 1 else $n := $n + 500.
– save $n to ‘1.txt’.
– if we didn`t get an end of file – start form beginning by scheduling it at WP cron.
But this is too far from ideal and there will be much better to use AJAX for import process (Simpla CMS for example).
P.S. There are ~35000 items in my CSV file.
- The topic ‘Proposition about improving background importing’ is closed to new replies.