Support » Plugin: The SEO Framework – Fast, Automated, Effortless. » Product vs Breadcrumbs structured data conflict

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Plugin Author Sybre Waaijer

    (@cybr)

    Hi @newkind,

    The Structured Data Testing Tool (SDTT) doesn’t truly represent what Google interprets. I’ve seen it’s prone to bugs, and with Local SEO it even crashes when it sees cuisines within departments. With Articles, it doesn’t even adhere to their own guidelines.

    This is to say that the SDTT is (and will probably stay) in its sandbox/playground phase, whereas there are better and real-world alternatives provided.

    If you have signed up for Google’s Search Console, you can see the real data on it.
    More information on that subject can be found here.

    I understand it’s annoying that you miss certain features, like their Preview tool; but, the end-game truly is their SERP, not their testing tools.

    That said, I just tested this out on one of my client’s clothing stores, and I couldn’t reproduce the issue at hand. Regardless of the above, you might wish to manually inspect for errors and report back if you find any.

    <mistake>

    Thread Starter newkind

    (@newkind)

    Hi @cybr,

    First of all thank you for the detailed explanation. I know that these tools aren’t always reliable.

    I checked my indexed real data and unfortunately I can see the issue existing there too. None of my ‘single product pages’ have been indexed – only categories with link to the products without such info like price.

    https://monosnap.com/file/B9f27w4McBcPCZWqam8QOma1aEYhGn.png

    This is what pointed me into thinking that there must be some kind of issue, as none of the single products were indexed with their data structured properly.

    Anyways, I disabled the BreadcrumbsList and we’ll see what happens with next Google crawl πŸ˜‰

    Thank you for your support!

    Plugin Author Sybre Waaijer

    (@cybr)

    Hi @newkind,

    Thank you for the feedback!

    The results of your changes should be visible in about 3 to 7 days.
    If disabling Breadcrumbs really did help the Name & Price tags pop up once more in the Search Console, then I’ll certainly dive into this issue to find the cause.

    What I then need is an URL of the pages at hand. To keep the problematic Schema.org enriched pages confidential, you can contact me here.
    If you can also create a copy of the documents’ HTML sources (i.e. before and after breadcrumbs are enabled) then we can easily compare (e.g. through WinMerge) πŸ™‚

    <another mistake>

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Gantry.
    Thread Starter newkind

    (@newkind)

    No problem, I’ll gladly provide them to you. Let’s just wait these couple days and see if i’ll start to see single product schemas in the Googles console. Right now all I can see is the category pages with single products listed, and that’s not what is most important for me πŸ˜‰

    I’ll keep you updated! One more time thank you!

    Thread Starter newkind

    (@newkind)

    Ok, soooo something’s happening!

    I just checked my search console and I can finally see that some single products with their prices started to appear in the structured data section.

    https://monosnap.com/file/azBRbXl0Bbi6VKWtH0pNmFqlezycx3.png

    Before that I could only see the product categories – now I can see both! πŸ™‚

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by newkind.
    Plugin Author Sybre Waaijer

    (@cybr)

    Hi @newkind,

    That’s good news πŸ™‚

    Could you create a copy of the HTML source from one of the product pages, before and after the breadcrumbs are enabled?

    If you could also zip them and send them to me confidentially, I can then investigate what needs to be improved for Google to read it all correctly.

    Cheers!

    Thread Starter newkind

    (@newkind)

    Sure, sent you an email!

    Thanks!

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by newkind.
    Plugin Author Sybre Waaijer

    (@cybr)

    @newkind I’ve found the issue, and it’s an issue with WC 3.0+ and TSF.

    I’ve moved this to GitHub, with more information attached:
    https://github.com/sybrew/the-seo-framework/issues/186

    If you, through your developer’s lens, have anything to add, please do! πŸ™‚

    Thread Starter newkind

    (@newkind)

    Uh sorry for the late reply! Thank you for your help πŸ˜‰

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Product vs Breadcrumbs structured data conflict’ is closed to new replies.