Support » Plugin: Genesis Connect for WooCommerce » Product Category pages have lost their titles

  • Resolved dlmweb

    (@dlmweb)


    Using Connect v0.9.10 and Woo v3.3.1
    In the latest round of updates, I’ve lost the Page titles on my Product Category pages. The Shop page is fine, and the individual Product Pages are fine.

    But on the Product Category pages, this div just doesn’t seem to register:

    <div class="archive-description taxonomy-archive-description taxonomy-description">
    <h1 class="archive-title">Category 1.1</h1>
    </div>

    Why? What template is being used for the Product Category pages? How can I fix this?
    Many thanks.

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Plugin Contributor Nick Cernis

    (@modernnerd)

    Hi Oscar

    The pre-release version of the plugin above still works with WooCommmerce 3.4.0 in my tests.

    Also, for the future, is there a way I could figure this out for myself without having to bother you on this thread (other than just doing it and asking studiopress sites to revert to a backup if something goes wrong)?

    There are a few ways you can test plugins:

    • By cloning your site to a local development area or online staging area (StudioPress Sites will likely support a staging area in the future).
    • By looking at the plugin release notes to gauge how much has changed. (WooCommerce 3.4 release notes are here, for example.). If there’s a long list of changes, testing the update in a staging area can be worthwhile. If you see only minor bug fixes, updating the plugin is often safe.
    • By updating on the live site and restoring from a backup if you encounter issues. This is less attractive than testing in a staging area first, but it’s a fine solution if you use a good host like StudioPress Sites.

    I’ve updated successfully and all is well – thanks!

    I’ll work on creating/figuring out a local development area for future tests but I suspect I’ll be back to ask questions here, especially if the official studiopress version of the plugin is updated.

    You rule.

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  glitzformals.
    glitzformals

    (@glitzformals)

    Mr Nick Cernis,

    As mentioned previously, I predicted I’d return to this very informative and helpful forum if and when studiopress updated their ‘genesis connect for woocomnmnerce’ plugin.

    That day has come. Version 1.0 is asking to replace 0.9.10 on my wp dashboard.

    Is this version (1.0) what this ‘prerelease’ has been all along? Should I go ahead and update it without fear my product category headlines (controlled by archive settings) won’t vanish?

    Or do you believe my current version (the prerelease from this forum, 0.9.10), should be left as is. Perhaps I should mention I’m on the latest woocommerce and have been since it appeared – no problems w the prerelease.

    I’ve just opened a support ticket with studiopress (with these same questions) but thought I’d write you here as well.

    Your advice is always accurate and appreciated.

    Oscar

    PS – Fortige me, but I have not set up the staging environment discussed last time. My studipress sites portal kept promising one was coming – but now I’m not sure what’s gonna happen after the wpengine takeover.

    Plugin Contributor Nick Cernis

    (@modernnerd)

    Hi Oscar!

    Yes, 1.0 includes the fix for the category page — you can update without losing your archive headings, and this will no longer be an issue for future updates.

    WP Engine offers a staging environment, so if you migrate your StudioPress Site there, you’ll benefit from that should you need to test other plugin updates in the future.

Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Product Category pages have lost their titles’ is closed to new replies.