Support » Plugins and Hacks » Problems with wp-stats update to 1.5

Problems with wp-stats update to 1.5

  • I just auto-updated wp-stats to the new version 1.5. It still works, but when I click on ‘Blog stats’ in the wp-dashboard, i get the following error:

    Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_remote_get() in /home/denhelder/domains/justanexample/public_html/wp-content/plugins/stats/stats.php on line 210

    (justanexample is ofcourse where the sitename is)
    Anyone know what’s wrong?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • What version of WordPress are you running?

    The sidebar says 2.6.5. The plugin says it requires WordPress 2.7. I have just updated the readme to prevent automatic upgrades for lesser versions. I recommend upgrading WordPress.

    With WordPress 2.8, I have a blanck screen.
    In the dashboard, the stats box is empty as well 😐

    matthieubrucher: email me. I’ll try to help you directly.

    I updated to wp-stats 1.5 on my WordPress 2.8 blog.
    It blew out the Dashboard and redirects to the home page of the blog if I go to the stats page. The blown out page looks a bit like if you have to many or too few end tags for a div.

    Just before redirecting you see these errors at the top of the stas page:

    Warning: gzinflate() [function.gzinflate]: data error in //vitalbodies.com/blog/wp-includes/http.php on line 1788
    Warning: gzuncompress() [function.gzuncompress]: data error in vitalbodies.com/blog/wp-includes/http.php on line 1793

    This is what is on the lines mentioned:

    1788: $decompressed = gzinflate( $compressed );
    1793: $decompressed = gzuncompress( $compressed );

    I deleted, downloaded and FTP/reinstalled the 1.5 plug-in and that did not help.
    One thing I did notice is that the final message during the initial upgrade when this problem all began, that (I think) tells you the plug-in is initialized, was not the correct font or perhaps font size. Just seeing that I thought, oh no…

    Going back to 1.4 fixed the stats problem but the dashboard is still blown out.

    Disabling or enabling the two programs that use the dashboard does not help.

    I upgraded and didn’t see the problems previously mentioned but what I did notice is that I can no longer switch between all the sites that I am tracking w/ WordPress.com stats. I quite miss that feature.

    The dashboard is still blown out? Any ideas, should I grab a http.php from elsewhere and overwrite it or?
    I not trouble shot a wordpress blog before…

    Did anyone else also update All in One SEO Pack like I did? I did the stats first then All in One SEO Pack.

    Today, upon restarting the browser the error messages also show up on all the other pages so the entire admin panel is blown out rather than just the dashboard.

    I’m having problems with the new wp-stats version 1.5

    Yesterday I updated my two blogs from 1.4 to 1.5 and stats stopped working, no graph and a ‘undefined’ message over the graph area as you can see in this screenshot.

    I first did the upgrade with the auto update option but when I noticed that error I also tried to manually upload the new version and I got the same problem. I thought it could be a temporary issue so I went again to version 1.4, which works fine for me, and waited till today to retry the upgrade, but the problem is still there.

    What could be causing this I can´t find info regarding this issue via google and seems to be no others overhere reporting the same problem.

    xeduced, You are not the only one who is having issue with the stats graphs not showing as I am having same issues since going to 1.5. Reading other posts it appears a couple others are reporting similar and I am sure the Andy is working on it.

    xeduced: That is the classic look of the stats if you are logged into the blog but not logged into the stats. Try a refresh on the page and see if you have to log in to stats.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems with wp-stats update to 1.5’ is closed to new replies.