WordPress.org

Support

Support » How-To and Troubleshooting » Problems with RSS feeds

Problems with RSS feeds

  • I have a problem with RSS feeds.

    When I try to put the feed (general feed or category feed) in feedburner, it says: “Received HTTP error: “Service Temporarily Unavailable” while fetching source feed.”

    If I try to validate it, it says: “It looks like this is a web page, not a feed. I looked for a feed associated with this page, but couldn’t find one. Please enter the address of your feed to validate.”
    And the result is the code of my webpage, not the feed itself.

    Even Google Reader returns an error.

    But if I put it directly on my browser (for example: http://gamexploitation.es/feed), I can read the feed with no problems.

    I searched and looked if any plugins can affect, but I only have 2 currently running (DP Maintenance Mode Lite and Google Analytics for WordPress), none of them related, I believe, to the problem.

    The only thing I could suspect is that I just deactivated the BulletProof Security plugin, but as far as I know I deactivated any configs of the plugin before deactivating it.

    Any clues? Maybe directory permisions or something? Something I can try or test?

    Thanks in advance.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • It seems your site itself is inaccessible right now.

    Probably a Dreamhost hiccup. It’s a cheap hosting (more than I need for now) and sometimes happens. When I posted I was testing the problem, and just now I re-tested it and failed again. The site ( http://www.gamexploitation.es )is up and running.

    I hope somebody had a similar problem and can give a few pointers to investigate.

    Oookkk… I found the “DP Maintenance Mode Lite” plugin is the culprit.

    I found it strange because I can access the feed from the browser, but seems no other ways can. :/

    Thanks anyway.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems with RSS feeds’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar