This is a really nice theme, that is responsive (which I love!), and has some nice features, but it also has some bugs and problems that could be easily fixed by the developer, who doesn’t seem to be in any hurry to fix them.
This would easily be a five-star theme if the developer cared enough to spend a couple of hours fixing some problems and submitting an update:
1) When setting the max length for an excerpt in the admin options area, the theme ignores the max length request and just uses the entire excerpt. Not sure if the option to change the “more” field works, as I’ve never been able to shortern the excerpt to find out.
2) Selecting the “Use Sub-header” option in the admin panel causes the entire site to disappear and displays only the background color of the site.
3) There is an extra /div tag in the achive php file that causes the footer to separate from the body of the site.
4) The documentation on the CyberChimps support site for the NEURO theme is grossly incorrect. It lists a number of options that are not actually available (like the ability to make custom CSS changes from the admin panel, and the ability to have the sliders on the front page show featured posts…which is an option from a different theme)
5) Registration is required to post on the support forum at CyberChimps, but their registration program does not let you register! So it’s impossible to get any developer support. I sent them a contact request, and the only response was “use a different browser”.
6) For the record, the problems above occur in both IE9 and FF.
- The topic ‘Problems with Neuro Theme’ is closed to new replies.