Hi All, hope someone here can help!
I’ve tried three times and my heads a fog now!
I’m trying to set up a network of blogs using WP3.0.1 network and the Super Admin facility.
I need each of the individual blogs to show their own specific URL in the address bar. So far I’ve tried following a couple of different guides found on this forum but still to no avail.
I’ve tried subdomain and subfolder installs, wildcard DNS settings, but still it doesnt work as expected. In a fit of pique the other day I deleated all the database so can now start completely from fresh.
The two main problems were:
1. Plugins not working on the networked sites, only on the main site.
2. The control panels for individual sites (from the super admin menu==>sites) bringing up a 404 error, not a WP admin page. When I look at the adress bar it was jumbling up the url eg:
http://http://2.mainsite.comwhen it should have read:
3. Theme changes being carried through but not widget settings or placements.
4. Typing in the mapped url brought up the right site, but the address bar showed
http://secondsite.orgas expected and then all I got for the content was a dewidgeted version of the mainsite with a login panel, not the Hello World I got on the mainsite.
I must be missing a step somwhere, or am I trying to do something that can’t be done? mixing sunrise.php scripts or is the .htaccess file not being re-written by the host?
TBH I’m lost now.
Any ideas if there is a really upto date guide or definitive install guide to setting up a network of blogs with domain mapping?
The last time I tried searching I kept getting info on how to set up Multiuser with WP2.0+ as a plugin.
FYI I’m hosting with i-page and have tried both directory and root installs of WP3.0.1.
Thanks in advance, it’s time to have my hand held now I think!
- The topic ‘Problems with Network/multisite install 3.0.1’ is closed to new replies.