problems with char enconding and upgrade (3 posts)

  1. dbasulto
    Posted 10 years ago #

    I moved my WP install to a new hosting and everything went like a charm. The problem i noticed once it was up and running, it's that characters with accents (it's spanish based) were showing up as weird characters. I checked that my blog was still utf-8 in the reading options, and checked my DB backup. i noticed that the chars were looking weird already on my .sql file. then i went to the original DB, and noticed that the chars were showing weird on it. But not while looking at the old blog. In DB they look like weird characters, but while reading the blog they sowed up fine. I tought it could be a MySQL export error, but since the original DB had the weird chars... i tried opening the DB in ultra edit for update but didnt work. i also tried this script but it didnt work. any ideas? my blog is located at http://www.plataformaurbana.cl

  2. Ptryk
    Posted 10 years ago #

    when i look at the page source it says to use charset utf-8. .. if I change the character encoding (browser side, firefox) to western (iso8859-15) it looks ok (except for the warnings)

    in the source.. I find this:
    '<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />'

    change the utf-8 to the charset you need people to use, you will find this in the source code for the theme, usually the header template.

  3. dbasulto
    Posted 10 years ago #

    ptryk, i changed the encode under options -> reading in the WP admin panel and worked like a charm :9


Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic