WordPress.org

Support

Support » Plugins and Hacks » Problems with bilingual site

Problems with bilingual site

  • Hello,

    I use YARPP on a bilingual site managed with WPML. I use a following template for it:

    <?php
    if ($related_query->have_posts()):
    while ($related_query->have_posts()) : $related_query->the_post();
    $postsArray[] = '<a href="'.get_permalink().'" rel="bookmark">'.get_the_title().'</a><!-- ('.get_the_score().')-->'; endwhile; ?>
    <div id="related">
    <?php echo __('Related: ','POP');
    echo implode(', '."\n",$postsArray); // print out a list of the related items, separated by commas ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif;?>

    The problem is in one language YARPP works as it is supposed to returning relevant posts, and for another it returns the same post again and again for every other post.

    Do you have any clue? I’d be happy to supply more information.
    (the site is this, and for now I just completely removed related posts for English because it does not work ok)

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/yet-another-related-posts-plugin/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author mitcho (Michael Yoshitaka Erlewine)
    Member

    @mitchoyoshitaka

    I don’t think the custom template is the issue. Have you tried resetting the cache using YARPP Experiments?

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/yarpp-experiments/

    Let me know if that helps.

    Hi. Thank you for the reply.

    I’ve just tried that, but resetting the cache didn’t help. Still Polish is fine and in English there is different related post after the reset, but still the same for every post 🙁

    Plugin Author mitcho (Michael Yoshitaka Erlewine)
    Member

    @mitchoyoshitaka

    Sorry to hear that. 🙁

    Unfortunately WPML is a paid product with paid support, so I suggest you ask them to look into this. Their developers have contacted me and I’ve made changes to YARPP accordingly in the past, but as far as I know they haven’t identified any current incompatibilities, and I don’t own WPML myself so I’m not able to try to reproduce your issues.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems with bilingual site’ is closed to new replies.