Support » Plugin: WPSiteSync for Content » Problems Following Instructions or a bug on Pantheon's platform.

  • Hi guys, Content syncs from local VVV install to Pantheon multidev site. (Multi-dev is just a git feature branch that will be merged into our Dev/Master branch)

    When I try to set up content syncing from multidev feature branch to the dev branch I keep getting the red x with the tool tip ‘Settings do not authenticate on Target server’.

    The Same thing happens when you try to sync from the main Dev branch to our Test/Staging branch.

    And finally, same problem from Test/Staging to Live site.

    If you aren’t familiar… Pantheon uses a WordPress upstream for the Pantheon website platform. That Includes a platform integration plugins and a pre-configured wp-config.php. Aside from some Superglobals and a caching plugin in the mu-plugins. It is just a regular WordPress install.

    https://github.com/pantheon-systems/WordPress

    I can spin up a fresh clone of the Pantheon environments for you guys and grant you access if you need it. Best place to start would be the Pantheon Plugin in mu-plugins.

    Let me I can help with anything.

    Thanks in advance,
    Joe

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpsitesynccontent/

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thread Starter Joe Dooley

    (@joedooley)

    Can anyone help with this? Let me know if more details would help. Thanks in advance.

    Plugin Author ServerPress

    (@serverpress)

    Hello Joe,

    This post says that it’s resolved. Is it, how was it resolved? We want to help if there is an issue?

    Thread Starter Joe Dooley

    (@joedooley)

    Hi- Yeah, it’s not resolved. I can’t get it to work. It wasn’t working going from local Vagrant VVV to Pantheon and now it’s not working going from local Kalabox to Pantheon. I can’t even change any of the settings. If I try to change the URL of the target, after clicking save and the page refreshes it still has the same URL in the target input box.

    I also tried changing the radio to delete settings after uninstalling because I wanted to try a fresh install and that settings isn’t updating either.

    Thanks in advance.

    Thread Starter Joe Dooley

    (@joedooley)

    Here is the log. I removed the password info because its a client site. The database tables aren’t being created though.

    http://d.pr/n/1gROw/2jXLviXU

    Plugin Author ServerPress

    (@serverpress)

    Hello Joe,

    Does the username for your database credentials have permissions to perform a CREATE TABLE?

    Does the version of MySQL you are using support utf8mb4?

    What you can try doing is copy and paste one of the CREATE TABLE commands that you see in the log file into your PHPMyAdmin tool. If there are any errors please let us know what those are and we can help in resolving it.

    Plugin Author ServerPress

    (@serverpress)

    Hello Joe,

    We’ve recently released WPSiteSync 1.2.2. Besides several enhancements, we’ve also addressed some issues from the previous version. We’d like to invite you to update your copy and let us know if it has fixed the issues you are having by marking this thread as “Resolved”.

    By the way we just released Bulk Actions! You can check it out at http://wpsitesync.com

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems Following Instructions or a bug on Pantheon's platform.’ is closed to new replies.