with the chrome extension to hide advertising (uBlock Origin) and browsing my site in incognito mode, I have this problem when viewing multiple pages of my site.
Can you solve this?
At the moment 3 people, in 3 different PCs, have this problem.
Hi @jarnovos , the problem cannot be reproduced on that site.
I tried to disable the plugin that manages Adsense ads.
I’ve tried disabling all cookie plugin integrations.
I tried to figure out which file “annoys” adblockers, the file is “banner-1-optin.css” of your cookie plugin.
If I try to type the url of this file in my browser, with adblock active, it is not displayed. If I turn it off I see all the css code in that file.
How can I solve?
At the moment I could load the CSS contained in that file, in preload, in the header.
But I think it needs to be fixed …
Certainly the “banner-1-optin.css” file is blocked because it contains the word “banner”.
Is it possible to fix this?
@marcorroma if the word ‘banner’ would cause it, the problem would also occur on complianz.io, which it doesn’t. So there’s something else as well it seems.
I’d be happy to look further into it if I know how I can reproduce it on complianz.io. Otherwise it’s impossible for me to debug and test.
Apart from enabling complianz, what do I need to install to reproduce the issue? If you can isolate the specific configuration on your site that causes this, we can reproduce it.
We’ve also tried a site with Adsense, to no avail.
Hi @rogierlankhorst , thanks for the support.
I tried to upload the same file, “banner-1-optin.css”, in another folder of my site and it is read correctly, even with adblock active.
I tried to upload and copy the “banner-3-optin.css” file on your site, and import it into my site. I found that it is not a problem with the css code that is inside the file, but it is the problem that is encountered only when I upload “banner-3-optin.css” in the folder wp-content/uploads/complianz/css/
I noticed that even on your site, this .css file is uploaded to the wp-content/uploads/complianz/css/ folder
So, if I upload the file in this folder I have no problem:
If I upload the file to this folder it is blocked by the adblock:
But the file is identical.
What can be the problem that creates this error?
I await support.
I’m afraid I don’t know why that would be a problem. The same file, located in the uploads directory on complianz.io does not cause an issue. So the uploads directory in itself does not appear to be a problem for the ad blocker.
Possibly your server sends a specific header when files are loaded from the uploads folder. Do you have any specific htaccess rules regarding the uploads directory? There may be a dedicated htaccess file in the uploads directory.
Another clue. If I see the link that is blocked, without having first navigated to my site, it is displayed correctly (even with active adblock).
If I first visit the homepage of my site, and then visit the link I sent you, adblock blocks the url.
What do you think could be causing the problem?
I tried disabling the ads plugins, or other plugins that might interfere with adblock, but it doesn’t fix the problem …
I tried to create two .css files in the same folder that adblock blocks.
I visit the homepage of my site.
Then I visit these two url:
One is blocked, and contains the word “banner”.
The other is not blocked, and contains the word “banne”
The content of the .css file is identical, and is a sample css of W3.CSS
I await support
As the issue occurs on your site only, and not with our site, this suggests that either your hosting company or a plugin on your site is causing it, not the browser.
If you can set up an empty staging environment with only a WordPress default theme and complianz, nothing else, you can then check if you still have the issue.
– still the issue => hosting configuration issue.
– issue resolved => one of your plugins is causing the problem.
Hi, I don’t have this problem on my test site.
So, it’s not a hosting issue.
I installed the “Health Check & Troubleshooting” plugin and activated the debug mode.
The graphic theme is that of deafult, without function php in the functions.php file.
I only activated the “Complianz” plugin, and this is the result:
I don’t have the Premium version, so I can’t import the cookie plugin settings from my site to a test site.
But I exported them here:
Maybe you can import them and see if you have the same problem.
We will test it. Most likely it is one of the currently deactivated plugins which triggers the issue, as that is the other difference between the sites.
If you enable your other plugins one by one, I expect one of them to trigger the problem.
The problem is that some plugins have a valid license for a site, and I cannot test them on the test site
We have tested your export, the issue did not occur. This means the issue is triggered by one of the other plugins.
Alternatively, on a quiet moment, you can deactivate the plugins one by one on your site. This should isolate the plugin which triggers it.
Or you can temporarily deactivate the license on the live site, then use it on the staging, later to move it back.
The plugins have all been disabled in debug mode, as I showed you from the screenshots here:
I will try to understand why that file is blocked…
- The topic ‘Problem X’ is closed to new replies.