[Resolved] Problem with "Using a pre-existing subdirectory install"
Hello all, hoping someone can help. I’ve been struggling for weeks and am ready to pull my hair out. I am trying to get my site so Site Address (URL) points to the root domain. I have followed the codex directions to a “T” many times…
The result I get is that while all of the other pages of the site work as desired (e.g. http://www.example.com/contact-us) the home page still points to the subfolder, and shows as 404 (www.example.com/wordpressfolder).
If I change permalinks to default, the homepage reappears, the url structure does not change (it is still http://www.example.com/wordpressfolder), however the other pages are not accessabl (as I click through the site, it continues to display the homepage). Changing Permalinks back to Post name returns to the original problem.
It’s probably something stupid but I swear I’ve tried many times to follow those directions and it just will not let me see the homepage of the site with a root domain url.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Problem with "Using a pre-existing subdirectory install"’ is closed to new replies.