Hi.. I tried today to move my photos to a subdomain, but i have big problems..
My site is here: http://bit.ly/hzLRFB"
So from the start..
1) I have wordpress site installed in the root :
domain.com Website at httpdocs
2) I made from plesk a subdomain : img.domain.com
Website at httpdocs/images
3) In httpdocs folder ( root of my wordpress install) i have made a folder "images" . ( httpdocs/images )
4) I removed my images from wp-content/uploads to httpdocs/images folder
5) In the admin panel, in media settings i had put these:
6) I have run these 2 sql commands
- UPDATE posts SET post_content = REPLACE(post_content,'http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-content/uploads/','http://images.yourdomain.com/')
- UPDATE posts SET guid = REPLACE(guid,'http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-content/uploads/','http://images.yourdomain.com/')
7) i added :
RedirectMatch 301 /wp-content/uploads/(.*)$ http://images.yourdomain.com/$1 in .htaccess
After all of these my site had almost all photos broken, i couldn't make new uploaded photos to be appeared, but a little of the photos were moved in new path and showing good ...
So now i moved back from admin panel to the old path for photos ... and i have two destination photos! The new like this:
and the old like this:
So TOTAL DISASTER!
What is the mistake? Please HELP!!!!