Problem with byte-range request (5 posts)

  1. andyward
    Posted 3 years ago #


    I have been googling this for a while but seem to have no definite answer as to the issue.

    I have been submitting podcasts for DJs into iTunes most of this year with no issue, on the same shared server.

    I recently got the dreaded "byte range request" error in iTunes when trying to load my latest podcast. I inititally thought this may have been a WP template error seeing as I was using it for the first time, and set up a subdomain with a default theme, and the feed address was accepted at the first stage, so I thought it WAS the theme... however I also tried the theme in question on the same subdomain and THAT worked also.

    I then went back and tried again with my initial feed/theme and had success.

    Is there any definitive answer as to what the issue actually is with submitting new feeds to iTunes... if there is somewhere you could point me or advise how to fix this (I have no idea how I got the last one in , in the end).



  2. ntm
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    There was report of this problem before:
    and a further report after that:
    I have discovered the second post just today. It contains a link to an interesting article. I will do some more research on that issue.
    But so far I have no solution.

  3. andyward
    Posted 3 years ago #

    OK, well the 2nd article is waaay above my skill set to comprehend. If you get any solution I would really appreciate an update here is you remember, or maybe via the plug in.

    I have been using Podpress for many years and never have any issues and this new problem is truly frustrating seeing as I somehow got round the solution before without knowing how..

    Thanks for taking time to reply.

  4. ntm
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    This is related to changes in the way the Apple devices download/play media files.

    I will lead you know when I find something.

  5. ParticularlyEvil
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Just chiming in - I have the same byte-range error that others are reporting. I'll try disabling stats and the like to see if that helps.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic