When ever I type a word that has an apostrophe in it. Something replaces it with 2 Apostrophes.
What the hell is causing this?
And I can’t even show it properly here because every time I edit and republish a post it will add another apostrophe to the existing number that was already there.
So in this post the number of apostrophes that should be in the words below should be 1. But when I post it to my blog it shows up with 2.
Before Publishing: After Publishing:
I am at a loss as to how to correct or diagnose this.
I have tried the following:
1) Removed any type of spell checker, or auto correction plug-in from the website/wordpress/theme.
2) Disabled and deleted all plug-ins from the site.
3) Removed any programs on my computer that would use a spell checker or auto correcting of documents.
4) I have installed several different themes and removed them. Same thing happens regardless of theme.
It has also been happening for the last few releases of WordPress as well. To be honest I was not aware of it for a while as I have been in and out of the hospital for the last year.
If you have any suggestions Please let me know. This is driving me crazy as it is happening to several blogs I try to maintain.
The address for the test site I try everything on is:
You can see it there.
- The topic ‘Problem when publishing a post’ is closed to new replies.