[resolved] Problem viewing wp site in IE (4 posts)

  1. aioannidis
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Hello everybody. I have a problem in displaying my website to any version of IE. I use WP 3.1, awake theme, and the following plugins :
    Admin Favicon - Version 1.4
    Contact Form to DB Extension - Version 1.8.3
    Exec-PHP - Version 4.9
    Fast Secure Contact Form - Version
    jQuery Mega Menu - Version 1.3.1
    Latest News - Version 0.2.0
    mobble - Version 1.0
    SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam - Version 2.7.1
    WordPress Mobile Pack - Version 1.2.4
    WPML Multilingual CMS - Version
    WP Super Cache - Version

    Most of these plugins and the theme have many changes that i 've made but until recently everything worked as planned.
    The site's url is http://www.synergic.gr. I discovered that the problem doesn' t occur in other browsers. But only in IE.
    After 4 hours of search and trials i cannot find the source of this problem. The actual problem is that before the page completely loads every element in the page gets a style argument with a "position:relative" value... That is what explodes my site in IE.
    Any ideas to trace or even fix this problem?
    Thanks a lot for your time.

  2. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Have you tried:

    - deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).

    - switching to the Twenty Ten theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.

    - resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.

  3. aioannidis
    Posted 5 years ago #

    esmi first of all thanks for your reply. I've tried almost all of these things you mention... I discovered a syntax error in html that broke the site in IE so i am in that direction for the menu of the site that is still broken. If i have some further development i'll update the post.
    Thanks again

  4. aioannidis
    Posted 5 years ago #

    The problem occured due to my programming error. So i figured it out and solved it... A div was not closed where it supposed to and IE crashed badly... Thanks again

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic