Support » Fixing WordPress » problem after upgrading to 1.5

  • kaly

    (@kaly)


    heya, I’m a newbie, and I have a little problem…

    I followed Podz’s great upgrade guide and no problem at all, except that I get a silly error when I’m using my own theme! The error is visible to anyone’s eyes in my blog. As the newbie I am, I’m a bit afraid to touch anything important in any file, that’s why I’m posting! 🙁

    any ideas/suggestions? Thanks a lot!!!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • lawtai

    (@lawtai)

    Are you using any plugins? I’m thinking that’s a plugin causing an error.

    kaly

    (@kaly)

    No, I didn’t think about uploading/activating them until I could see the site properly. Thanks for trying to help! 🙂

    lawtai

    (@lawtai)

    well, that could be your problem, cause you could have code added that’s trying to call a plugin but it doesn’t see the plugin activated so it’s giving you that error.

    Kafkaesqui

    (@kafkaesqui)

    Your upgrade seems you missed at least one file (wp-includes/functions.php), because doGeoUrlHeader() was moved out of the core source and into a plugin with 1.5 (it’s part of the Geo stuff).

    kaly

    (@kaly)

    Thanks a lot guys, but… how do I solve the problem? wp-includes/functions.php is there, and I even tried to delete and upload everything again… I’m SO lost, LOL

    lawtai

    (@lawtai)

    Try going to another theme first like the default or the classic theme, and see if you still get the error.

    kaly

    (@kaly)

    EDITED!!!: Thanks a lot, again. I just found out I have a one-click 1.5 set up from my host! Sorry if I wasted your time!!! /EDIT

    You’re reading my mind! I just tried and it still shows the error. Bah, I’ll just back my db and theme up and I’ll uninstall and reinstall tomorrow. I probably messed up at some point and can’t figure out where. Thanks a lot for trying, and if anyone can give me a solution… 12 hours left before I start from scratch! 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘problem after upgrading to 1.5’ is closed to new replies.