[resolved] Problem after moving hosts (5 posts)

  1. renamecor
    Posted 6 years ago #

    I had to change my host recently, and did all the necessary backups, but on re-installing onto the new host, only the front/home page is displayed.

    This is the site - http://www.weatherinturkey.org.uk, and you can see that all internal links are broken.

    I have tried to log into the blog, but get this message ;

    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/sites/weatherinturkey.org.uk/public_html/wp-admin/includes/post.php on line 554

    Can anyone advise.

  2. alism
    Posted 6 years ago #

    You really need to upgrade from 2.7.1, as it's very insecure.

    After that, disable your plugins. Check your Permalink settings. Switch to the default theme.

  3. renamecor
    Posted 6 years ago #

    The problem being that I can't even log in to do the things you mentioned. As stated in the original post, I get the error ;

    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/sites/weatherinturkey.org.uk/public_html/wp-admin/includes/post.php on line 554

    when I try to log in.

  4. alism
    Posted 6 years ago #

    Ok first, you might also want to check line 554 and the surrounding lines to see if you've not already been hacked. Have a look for any suspicious looking code.

    Otherwise, take a backup of your files and database (only FTP and myphpadmin access required):

    You can try temporarily just renaming your wp-content/plugins folder via ftp to see if that helps.

    You can also upgrade to the latest version with ftp without having to log in:

  5. renamecor
    Posted 6 years ago #

    OK I got it working. I checked the php file that was mentioned in the error - turns out everything after line 554 was missing. I found this out by comparing it to another WP install.

    After that, I could log in OK, but the links were still not working so I upgraded to the latest version and tried again. Still not working.

    I then went into the permalink settings, changed them back to 'default', saved the settings and then changed it back to 'custom structure' as /%category%/%postname%/ and saved the changes again.

    All works OK now, thanks for the suggestions, and hope this helps others.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic