This plugin looked promising but half of the functionality in the Pro version does not work. And no, I didn’t contact support because a plugin this simple should work as is out of the box or at least with very minimal issues. So I wanted to give an honest review of my experience since these reviews don’t add up to the experience I got when using the plugin, especially the Pro/paid version.
Here is my list of complaints:
- It didn’t deactivate the free version like it said it would.
- It doesn’t use your styles in terms of fonts from your website, I had to overwrite them with CSS.
- In the Advanced settings I thought it was cool that you could dequeue scripts not being used but it doesn’t work. They still load on the site. Tt would be better if it just automatically did that for you based on what was being used on the page. But then again, the functionality didn’t work.
- The modal box does not come in on the page smoothly.
- When you click for the modal box to popup, it takes about 3 seconds for it to load in. From a user experience stand point, you almost think it doesn’t work until it finally does.
- There is no close button in the modal box or an option to add it.
- The option to show or hide fields you don’t want to use doesn’t work, they still show.
- The plugin is slow, NOT build for performance like it says.
- Some of the overlay icon icons don’t show up on the site when selected.
- I found myself adding a lot of CSS code since some of the style functionality doesn’t work or it just lacks the ability to customize.
- And I wouldn’t call this plugin SEO optimized. What is optimized for SEO? There is not schema data that I saw in the code and there is more HTML code added than truly needed.
I only tried to use a little bit of functionality from the Pro plugin but found it not to work or just lacking the ability to customize. I hate to add this bad review, but I don’t want others wasting their time and money on this crap plugin.
I highly recommend you not to use this plugin and keep looking.
- The topic ‘Pro version half way works’ is closed to new replies.