Support » How-To and Troubleshooting » Primary Div not showing up in Chrome

Primary Div not showing up in Chrome

  • I just noticed that my website isn’t displaying properly in Chrome. The site looks fine in Firefox and IE, but doesn’t display the “primary” div in Chrome. It’s strange, because using Firebug in Chrome, it shows all of the html for the primary div, it just seems to be invisible.

    Any ideas on what could be causing this? It’s blowing my mind.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I guess my site would help…


    Any thoughts?



    Hey…not sure if you made any headway on this issue. I’m dealing with the same thing, where Chrome & mobile browsers don’t show the primary div. I noticed that removing the overflow: auto style attribute makes the div display in Chrome. I’m not sure why that’s the case…



    Yeah, I think I just ended up deleting the div and recreating it in a different way. I haven’t had the issue with any site I’ve developed since. Go figure.

    That’s good to know for future reference though, thanks.



    I finally figured it out a fix (after like 5hrs). For some reason, Chrome kept setting the width of the div to 0. Defining the width in the CSS with !important fixed it.

    I also noticed the same error on my Blackberry browser, but it wasn’t as straightforward. The only way I could fix that was to define another CSS and remove the div’s height and overflow attributes. Then use a Mobile Browser detection script to set the appropriate stylesheet.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Primary Div not showing up in Chrome’ is closed to new replies.