Pretty good social sharing/follow plugin … my take
- It’s true that it’s relatively lightweight and doesn’t take eons to load; your gtmetrix and yslow scores won’t drop
- The aesthetics are nice; buttons are rounded
- The idea is nice — to have both sharing and follow buttons all in one plugin … although I couldn’t get the follow buttons to show
- It shows up where it should show up … underneath the post.
- The Google+ Share is nicer than others; although it opens up a new tab/window, it works with Google’s API nicely and has your circles, shares, message, thumbnails, etc., already displayed and looking nice.
- This is a pretty good plugin. I can’t get the “follow” buttons to show up underneath the sharing buttons
- All sharing buttons open up another tab; some sharing tools are more lightweight and open up a jquery popup window; some end-users are turned off by opening other tabs/windows
- The images could be sprited to increase speed; addthis sprites their images. This would reduce the amount of http requests, and hence decrease page load times
- Most of the options are pay-to-share options; if you’d like anything that has hovering effects, you’ll have to fork over the credit card … which is understandable; people have to make a living. Alternatively, if you know php and css, you can add effects, but many probably wouldn’t know how to manipulate the code to get any “greying” or hovering effects
- There’s no pinterest share, so you’d have to download a separate plugin for that
Extra — it’d be nice if it gave you the option to show ’em on the right or left side.
It’s a solid plugin; I’d recommend it to people who’d like something simple.
- The topic ‘Pretty good social sharing/follow plugin … my take’ is closed to new replies.