This is my first attempt to build a WordPress powered website. So far, I'm quite impressed by WordPress I must say.
However, I do have some questions, maybe someone can help me, or point out a great plugin or whatever. I allready tried a few plugins, but they couldn't do what I want or didn't work with WordPress 2.6 or I just didn't get them :)
What do I want?
I want to create a blog about food/cooking/drinks etc. Every now and then, I want to add a recipe to a story; an instruction of how my readers can cook it themselves.
Therefore I created a category called "Recipe" with some subcategories in it.
Each recipe I submit, will be a posting in the blog and will be attached to the caterory "Recipe" + to a subcategory of my choice.
I want to be able to do 2 things now:
1) do not show the submitted posts that contain the recipes. So I think I have to exclude both the category "Recipe" + all the subcategories below! These have to be excluded from the mainpage (not appear as a posting) aswell as the sidebar (no listing in the category overview).
Instead of that, I'll make a link within the Food-posting, which will point to the recipe. (This last bit is not the problem, I know how to link to a posting)
Can anyone tell me what the best way is to exclude all recipe related postings + categories?
2) Further I want to create a page which lists all submitted recipes! By list, I do not mean just display all submitted recipes. I want a list of the titles of posts that contain a recipe. Further I want the subcategory titles to mark different recipe groups on this page.
Then it should look something like this:
"This is the page where you can find the recipe's .... etc etc etc"
Subcategory 1 title
- post title of recipe A (linking to recipe A post)
- post title of recipe B (linking to recipe B post)
- post title of recipe C (linking to recipe C post)
Subcategory 2 title
- post title of recipe D (linking to recipe D post)
- post title of recipe E (linking to recipe E post)
- post title of recipe F (linking to recipe F post)
Subcategory 3 title
Anyone any tips on how to do this? Without manually updating this page after each recipe posting ofcourse :)