postmash-filtered 1.2.2 – some little enhancement
Hi everybody, I’ve dug up this useful plugin with some additions.
As I’m working on a website using WP as a pure CMS, I come up with the need of let my customer reorder posts (possibly with drag&drop).
So, after some time spent with google, I was about to give up when I thought to the cool pageMash plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/pagemash/) I was using for reorder pages, and so I searched and found postMash (and then postMash filtered).
As more than a year has passed from the last update, I think that is a dead project and so, instead of make a request to the author, I’ve added some useful (to me, at least!) features:
- 1) modified css to show a “move” cursor on each draggable item
- 2) removed template usage instructions as they are no needed anymore
- 3) Added a translation domain: now postMash can be multilingual. There’s a new folder called “lang” with the .po file and italian translation .mo file.
- 4) Added compatibility with qTranslate: if you have installed and activated qTranslate (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/qtranslate/), postMash show only post titles in the current language
- 5) removed the need to modify template for custom order to work. Now it works by default.
If the author of the plugin would include these changes and release an official update I’d be happy. In the meanwhile, those interested in this version, can download it from here:
It works on WP 3 like a charm.
But beware: no intense tests were made. It works for me and that’s enough for now. So prepare to look in the code if something doesn’t work for you.
Beware #2: menu_order is a property of post itself (used by default on pages but not on posts), so if a post belongs to more than one category, you cannot define more than one custom order. Furthermore, if you have some posts that have to mantain the default date order (like posts in a NEWS category) you have to change template and set the cronological order manually before print this posts out
I think that enabling per-category order, needs a new table in the db with post_id, cat_id, order and a filter to the WP query
Clearly it costs nothing to ask to me for some help, I’ll try to help you if I can.
- The topic ‘postmash-filtered 1.2.2 – some little enhancement’ is closed to new replies.