Support » Plugin: WordPress Button Plugin MaxButtons » Post wrong character set after inserting a button

  • Resolved domvallsgmailcom

    (@domvallsgmailcom)


    Hi,

    I installed and activated last version of MaxButtons plugin yesterday. Then I tried to add a button to this post:

    https://en-dependencia.com/telefonos-moviles-adaptados-personas-mayores/

    Button showed up but a lot of garbage appeared in the page. It looks like the post would be written in the wrong character set so that many of the national characters and some symbols display wrong.

    I deactivated the pulgin, but I still see the garbage characters. I have deleted the plugin but I still see garbage in the post.

    Any other page/post is still displaying right and when I edit the post, it looks good.

    I tried to copy the post content to a new post and still shows garbage when rendered on the web.

    Any idea on what’s the problem and how to fix it??

    Thanks a lot,
    Domingo

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sorry, I forgot to say that this post was rendering correctly in the web before adding the MaxButton

    Plugin Author AlanP57

    (@alanp57)

    How you tried clearing your browser and/or site cache?

    Currently you site is using UTF-8 character encoding. Do you recall it if was using some other type of encoding? Possible character encodings for Spanish would be iso-8859-1 or windows-1252. We will have to find out from Bas, when he is available, if there is something that changes a site’s character encoding in MB. But a plugin that would change a site’s character encoding is very unusual.

    Thanks a lot for your answer.

    Currently I am not using any cache, but I have purged the CDN just in case and have seen no change.

    Regards,
    Domingo.

    Plugin Author AlanP57

    (@alanp57)

    Your browser has a cache. Be sure to clear it.

    Thanks a lot, Alan, but I have already closed/reopened all browsers I’m using. I have done it anyway and there is no change.

    Regards,
    Domingo.

    Well, although I cannot understand why, it seems the problem was inside the html of the post, since, if I created a new post and cut & paste the html, it would render incorrectly.

    But, I have rewritten the post copying the text from the web page, formatting it and correcting it and now it is workink correctly.

    Regards,
    Domingo.

    Plugin Author Bas Schuiling

    (@basszje)

    Hi Domingo,

    I’m setting it to resolved then. Our plugin doesn’t change the encoding settings of pages since it’s only a tiny piece of content.

    Encodings are a difficult thing though. It’s possible to get weird results if the encoding on your computer and site (or database) are different, so with copy-paste from other sites / pages, bad things can happen quite fast. This is also why most of use try to stick to UTF-8 which should support most of our extra characters as well.

    Yes, Bas, go ahead.

    Thanks a lot!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Post wrong character set after inserting a button’ is closed to new replies.