Please, please, please keep a few things in mind when starting a new post on the forums.
1. A good title: “Help me, I’m a newbie” is a terrible title. “Problem with Links” is a good title.
2. Information, please: What version of WP are you using? What error messages have you seen? Have you installed a plugin or hack recently? What is the link to your site, test site, or example screen grab that shows us the problem?
3. Don’t post a whole pile of code: A few lines of code or CSS is just fine, but if you are going to post a whole file worth of code, you can do a few things; post the code to http://paste.uni.cc and then give us the link to it, copy the file on your server, change the file extension to
.phpsand then post a link to it, or, copy the file, change it to
.txtand then post a link to it. Long bits of code will be moderated.
4. Be nice. Be helpful. Be honest with your thoughts and critiques if asked. Manners count around here. Please and thank you are very much appreciated.
5. Report results: If you figure something out, please come back and post and let us all know so that others may benefit from your experience in the future.
6. Have fun.
- The topic ‘Post topics and contents’ is closed to new replies.