Support » Plugin: All in One SEO Pack » Post title: %page_title% error

  • Resolved shanemarsh28

    (@shanemarsh28)


    Hi,

    Since the last update we have noticed some sites have a variable %page_title% meta title for posts. In the options, if “Post Title Format” corrected to %post_title% we then see the expected meta title.

    I have tried to update all sites affected but sadly the settings on your plugin settings page do not appear to match the aioseop_options in the database so we have no way of being able to find out how many of our sites have this issue.

    Please look into this ASAP.

    Shane

    • This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  shanemarsh28.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Author wpsmort

    (@wpsmort)

    Hi Shane,

    Can you please send us an export file from one of the sites where it has %page_title% in the Post Title Format field along with a screenshot of that field, then we can take a look at it.

    To do an export, go to All in One SEO > Feature Manager and activate the Importer & Exporter module. Then go to All in One SEO > Importer & Exporter and select General Settings and click Export. Please contact us here https://semperplugins.com/contact/, referencing the URL for this forum thread then we can respond.

    Done 🙂

    Plugin Author Michael Torbert

    (@hallsofmontezuma)

    WordPress Virtuoso

    There’s zero chance that anything in the last version of AIOSEOP would have modified your options.
    Looking at Google’s cache, your posts had %page_title% in them long before the last update of AIOSEOP. https://i.ibb.co/LxTGx98/Screen-Shot-2019-03-07-at-8-02-11-PM.png
    I’d say it’s a near certainty that a human manually changed this in the options.

    sadly the settings on your plugin settings page do not appear to match the aioseop_options in the database

    I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. AIOSEOP stores its settings in the database in an entry called aioseop_options, which should match exactly what you have in your settings page.

    Hi Michael,

    Happily I have now managed to isolate the sites that had this issue – we found 5 sites in total which we have manually fixed. You’re absolutely right, the settings were indeed in the database as you describe and it was a minor typo in the script we built that was not looping through the database tables correctly.

    I’m not sure I agree that a human did this but either way it is now resolved for us. Thank you for your help and assistance.

    Shane 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.