Support » Fixing WordPress » Post split into pages

  • What is the technique called for splitting one post visually into separate pages? I’ve found paginate and some other things in my searches but I don’t seem to know the right terms because I end up with the PREVIOUS PAGE/NEXT PAGE thing and that’s not what I’m looking for.

    I saw somewhere how a blogger had set up the pages to be numbered 1, 2, 3 at the bottom with a link that would view the entire long post or print it, which would take you to the entire post ready for printing. I’d love something like that, but I’ll settle for a built-in “continued on next page” thing.

    But what is that called?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • It’s called nextpage, and you can insert the tag for it into your post by clicking the “page” Quicktags button. Where you insert the tag is where your page will “break”.

    Excellent. I knew it was there somewhere. I’m working on this at odd hours so my brain is going.


    BTW, there is a lot of confusion between “next page” and “page break” and “next/previous” that caused me a lot of problems when searching for this info in the Codex. I sure wish there was a way to clear this up.

    Admittedly the docs are confusing in this area, considering the similarity of terms. I can only think going back over them and being very very specific in phrasing things will make it clearer (though probably not clear enough so its obvious to all right from the start).

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Post split into pages’ is closed to new replies.