Support » Plugin: WP DoNotTrack » Possible Issues with 0.8.3

  • Resolved MickeyRoush


    I’m not sure, but 0.8.3 doesn’t seem to work on my site. Version 0.8.2 does.

    I didn’t change any options. Are there any new options available between these two versions that I should check?

    Also I noticed that you’ve incorporated some of Mozilla’s Content Security Policy in the latest version. I already have CSP set up in my site. Could there may a conflict there?

    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Author Frank Goossens


    that’s weird, 0.8.3 just had two minor fixes:
    1. change domain for thumbnail-image to
    2. add “allowfullscreen” attribute to iframe

    neither of those should break anything and as far as I know there’s no CSP in there (I’m experimenting with CSP in a non-released version of my other plugin).

    Can you describe how it doesn’t work? What do (or don’t) you see? Do you have a URL where I could go to check this out myself?

    Plugin Author Frank Goossens


    ow, just a second, I was looking at the wrong plugin (thought this was about wp youtube lyte) 🙂

    but still the changes were minor in 0.8.3:
    * fix for donottrack not to work in admin
    * small fix in options.php (only admin)
    * small improvement in array/json handling

    the csp-stuff in wp-donottrack.php is in a comment-block, it isn’t activated yet 🙂

    so i’m afraid i’ll have to ask the same questions as in the previous comment;

    Can you describe how it doesn’t work? What do (or don’t) you see? Do you have a URL where I could go to check this out myself?

    Well, I’m not sure exactly. It’s really strange. I reverted back to 0.8.2 and the site seemed to load quicker. I use NoScript and Ghostery to prevent third party tracking, but I didn’t see either of those two blocking anything until I upgraded to 0.8.3 (they won’t block any third party scripts if they don’t see them). I switched back to 0.8.2 and neither of those two (NoScript or Ghostery) reported anything. So I just assumed there was something different in the plugin versions.

    I started troubleshooting, with the modes. I had it set to Normal, so I decided to try using Forced with 0.8.3. At first it seemed to work. Then it acted like it didn’t again, as the browser (either Chrome or Firefox) would just sit there and load for awhile and NoScript/Ghostery reported seeing them again. Really strange.

    Also, I’m mainly using this because a client wanted to use the Lockerz/AddToAny plugin and I wanted to block Lockerz. Your plugin seemed to work and made the site load quicker.

    I have whitelisted in CSP for some reason, as the plugin may not function correctly if I don’t. Not sure about that though, it’s been a long time since I set up CSP for this site. So I guess I’m going to try removing that and experiment with a few other things.

    Thanks for replying so quickly. I’m just going to mark this as resolved, since I’m not sure what’s causing the issue.

    Plugin Author Frank Goossens


    weird indeed. do contact me if you have more info or if you need any additional help or feedback. if there’s a problem with the plugin that we can identify, i generally push out an update within 24h.

    Thanks for the quick reply, I really like your plugin. It helps a lot with social sharing plugins. I highly recommend it for anyone using any of those plugins. If I discover anything I’ll let you know here or on your website.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Possible Issues with 0.8.3’ is closed to new replies.