Support » Plugin: WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips » Poor translation and cannot change

  • sirrahikkala

    (@sirrahikkala)


    For some reason the Finnish language version of the title/header of a packing slip is “Lähetyslapu” which is A) wrong term and B) misspelled. With looking the source code and poedit, I could not find that term. I even modified the simple template of it but it does not change. I tried toggling back to html and back to pdf, but still changes are not reflected to documents.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Plugin Author Ewout

    (@pomegranate)

    Hello @sirrahikkala,
    The Finnish translations are managed by the community here one WordPress.org:
    https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/fi/default/wp-plugins/woocommerce-pdf-invoices-packing-slips/
    @finlander is the primary translation editor, and the term in question can be found here:
    Packing Slip / Lähetyslapu

    you can suggest a better translation via the above page.

    If you want to contribute translations too, I can request you to be added to the translation team, let me know if you’re interested!

    sirrahikkala

    (@sirrahikkala)

    Ok, I will manually upload new pot files and fix the typo since those are not updated at the site.

    Plugin Author Ewout

    (@pomegranate)

    Are you saying the term on the official language pack is correct? Because it appears to be the exact translation you mentioned above: “Lähetyslapu”
    Can you check that your wordpress has updated all the translations? Via the main ‘updates’ page in wordpress, at the very bottom you can update language packs.

    Note that these are in the wp-content/languages folder and not in the plugin folder (these are only there as a backup, and overruled by the ‘official’ wordpress.org translations).

    sirrahikkala

    (@sirrahikkala)

    “Lähetyslapu” is not correct. The translators tried to use word “lähetyslappu” (missing P in the translations) but term *lappu is very unofficial and it’s a word which is used in spoken language to denominate some insignificant paper. It should be “lähetyslista or pakkauslista” which both correlates with “packing slip” in logistics language.

    tulip11

    (@tulip11)

    We noticed the same thing. The translation was earlier Lähetyslista on it was correct one. Is there any way to get this fixed quickly or should we alter the pot file directly? The customers are asking why the term is changed.

    sirrahikkala

    (@sirrahikkala)

    @tulip11 I downloaded the pot file, renamed it to match the finnish file in the languages folder and overwrote it with FTP. The using Locotranslate I changed it but you can edit the file which file editor you want.

    Plugin Author Ewout

    (@pomegranate)

    I’ll try to reach out to the Finnish translation team, or maybe @finlander reads here and can correct this translation?

    Daniel Koskinen

    (@daniel-koskinen)

    I’ve changed the translation to “Lähetyslista”. Making an exception here since this is the PTE’s responsibility.

    tulip11

    (@tulip11)

    @sirrahikkala I already changed to translation to those clients who noticed the wrong word (just loaded the pot-file and changed all wrong words to correct one with Poedit) but have no time to do that to all of them with FTP. So I sent some info to @finlander, maybe he has time to fix it soon.

    Plugin Author Ewout

    (@pomegranate)

    @tulip11 thanks to @daniel-koskinen this is now fixed. If you go to the general “Updates” page of WordPress (yoursite.fi/wp-admin/update-core.php) you can scroll down to the bottom and click “Update translations”

    I have similar issue. this webiste https://tamizhifoods.com/ has a title in English and followed by Tamil language. The output pdf generated displayed like Nutmeg / 0000 in the place of Tamil and with English it is absolutely fine. Please suggest me to how to fix this.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.