Support » Plugin: Freesoul Deactivate Plugins » Polylang compability issues

  • Resolved rikuksf

    (@rikuksf)


    Hi there!

    Looks like the plugin doesn’t work for pages that are translated with Polylang. The original language page respects the rules without issues, but translated page ignores them and just loads all the plugins.

    How to resolve?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Plugin Author Jose

    (@giuse)

    Hi @rikuksf
    a couple of months ago I tested it with Polylang and it was working.
    Have you disabled the plugins also on the translated pages?

    If you have e.g. page-example, and you disable some plugins, it will not work for the translated page page-example-translated. You have also to set the disabled plugins for page-example-translated.

    In any case, I don’t exclude the new version of Polylang has something different than when I tested it. I will check, and if I find a problem, I will solve it.

    rikuksf

    (@rikuksf)

    Hi!

    Yep, I’ve made identical exclusions to the translated pages as the original and also double-triple-checked that the padlock is also “activated” on the translated pages.

    rikuksf

    (@rikuksf)

    Here’s a screenshot. FRONT PAGE is the original page and ETUSIVU is a translated page: screenshot

    Plugin Author Jose

    (@giuse)

    Ok, thank you. I will test again Polylang and check

    rikuksf

    (@rikuksf)

    Plugin Author Jose

    (@giuse)

    thank you @rikuksf

    I haven’t forgotten your issue, I still hadn’t time, but it’s in my todo list.
    I hope I can find a solution in a couple of days.

    Until then, if you have a couple of pages that are too heavy, if it’s urgent, you can use the options Custom URLs => Frontend URLs

    Coolio. I’ll try the custom url option for most critical pages! 🙂

    Plugin Author Jose

    (@giuse)

    Hi @rikuksf

    I was able to reproduce the issue with Polylang.
    Please try the beta version 1.7.9 you can download with this link: https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/freesoul-deactivate-plugins.1.7.9.zip

    If that link doesn’t work, go to https://wordpress.org/plugins/freesoul-deactivate-plugins/advanced/, scroll down until “Please select a specific version to download.”, select 1.7.9 and click on “Download”.

    Then you should unzip it and update the plugin via FTP.

    After the FTP transfer is ended, disable Freesoul Deactivate Plugins (without deleting it, only disabling it) and activate it again. This operation will initialize the plugin, but you will not lose your options if you don’t delete it.

    I’ve tested this beta version on three installations with Polylang, it solved the problem, but I would like you to confirm you don’t have any more issues on your installation before to publish it.

    Let me know if you have any questions and if you still have problems.

    After you confirm that it’s all ok, 1.7.9 will become the new stable version.

    Thanks! I will check that in a min and report back!

    Just checked and this seems to solve the issue indeed 🙂
    Thanks!

    Plugin Author Jose

    (@giuse)

    Thank you very much for the confirmation @rikuksf .
    I’ve published 1.7.9. You don’t have to do anything, it’s exactly the same version you already have.

    I will close the thread. If you have new issues, don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.