Hi there !
First, thanks a lot for your great work with this plugin, I love it !
I've got some remarks, suggestions, wishes & so on about this plugin :
Errors/bugs : (WordPress 3.1.2 / Podpress 126.96.36.199 beta 5)
- Some issues with the player, it's now showing the "1pixel out" player, but something weird (perhaps the video player ?) with my mp3 files on posts
- Throws errors when I'm editing (or creating) a post with an mp3 file and click on "Auto detect" for filesize or duration :
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in wp_settings.php Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated wp_settings.php
- If Podango isn't available anymore, why include it in the plugin ? Why not to throw that away ?
- What about the iTunes Feed ID option ? What is it, and what's its purpose ?
Wishes / It would be great if... :
- We could set the number of elements to include in a podcast feed (or set it to "all" to include all podpress enabled posts
- We could disable statistics for authed (or just admin) users (so the admins can't mess with the stats...)
- We could disable the enhancement of the main feed
- We could use post (wordpress) keywords as itunes keywords for an episode
- You could simplify the feeds options page. Imagine a "default options" zone, and then you could add any number of other enhanced podcasts feeds. Alle these additional enhanced/torrent/premium feeds dit really confused me first time I used the plugin...
- You could make the permalink reloading automatic.
Thanks a lot if you just read me, I'd be glad to hear from you anyways ;) I'm just a step ahead from switching from Powerpress to your plugin... I think that theses little modifications could make me do that step, and perhaps motivate me well enough to translate the plugin to french ;)
PS: Sorry for my poor English, as it's not my main language... ;)