[Resolved] PLZ HELP: password-protection doesn't work (no cookie-problem ;) )
I have the same trouble with the password-protection of a post but none of the solutions I found in this forum or on the web worked!
Its really driving me mad – I’ve been working for hours on this…
I’m protecting a page with a password, and when I type in the password, it does only work once, than it does not open anymore.
So I install the password-protection, set the password, login to the protected page than it works. Or i change the wp-theme instead of changing the password. Than i delete my cookies or I try it from my laptop and than I can’t lock in any more! It reloads the same page with the field to type in my password. So I’m only able to login once!
Things I’ve tried so far and didn’t change anything:
- Deactivate all plugins
- using other wp-theme
- reinstalling wordpress
- deleting cookies
- internet explorer instead of Firefox
- deleting the “www.” in WordPress address (URL) on the options-page
- changing password
Here are my Server Settings
* Operating System : Linux
* Server : Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)
* Memory usage : 9.08 MByte
* MYSQL Version : 4.0.27-standard-log
* SQL Mode : Not set
* PHP Version : 4.4.7
* PHP Safe Mode : Off
* PHP Allow URL fopen : On
* PHP Memory Limit : 40M
* PHP Max Upload Size : 20M
* PHP Max Post Size : 8M
* PHP Max Script Execute Time : 50000s
Please help me, I’m getting crazy with this!!!
You can try it out here:
pw is “5” and I resetted it once for you to try it.
I would even let you in my administration area, just mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The topic ‘[Resolved] PLZ HELP: password-protection doesn't work (no cookie-problem ;) )’ is closed to new replies.