just thought i’d let anyone interested know that plugins can be a security risk. you can read here to see a list of plugins known to be a security risk.
before installing a plugin:
- Are you using the latest WordPress version?
- Do research to see whether others are not experiencing problems with that plugin
- Only download the plugin from a legitimate source
- Is it the latest version of the plugin?
- Read any accompanying text file or instructions which may mention vulnerabilities, etc
- Make sure that you install the plugin correctly and that you set it up correctly as per installation instructions
hope this is of interest to someone.
- The topic ‘Plugins can be a security risk – beware!’ is closed to new replies.