Xcloner is the best backup solution I have found for WordPress, but I have had lots of problems with it. I am not sure why anyone would pay?
– turning on compression causes manual backups to fail and only works for CRON backups
– CRON backups give very little information with which to debug ftp problems and overall it is easier to just try every combination until it works
– Manual backup has never worked for me because of JSON errors
– ftp settings include an option for “Secure” but there is no information about whether this is sftp, ftps (ftp over implicit TLS/SSL) or ftpes (ftp over implicit TLS/SSL), which doesn’t make it any easier to debug problems
– ftp process relies on the target path being a real filepath and not a symlink. The ftp process should instead CD to the target directory and then put the file.
– it is easy to enable a “log” but where is it? Why is it not just as easy to view the log for a backup?
As I said, Xcloner is still the best backup plugin I have found. I just wish it worked properly.
- The topic ‘[Plugin: XCloner – Backup and Restore] xcloner problems’ is closed to new replies.