[Resolved] [Plugin: WPML Multilingual CMS] Get "Fatal error: Element ID already exists" when upgradin
Until today I was using the 1.8 version of WPML, worked like a charm. Today, I decided to upgrade to the 2.0.4 version. Since wordpress was proposing me the upgrade in plugin pannel, I thought it was safe.
The upgrade worked fine, I got the upgrade table message, I did that too. No “visible” problem until I decided to modify an already existing page (not post!) with already existing translations (before the upgrade), I got this message when I saved changes:
Fatal error: Element ID already exists with a different type in localpathtomywebsite\wp-content\plugins\sitepress-multilingual-cms\sitepress.class.php on line 1900
Strange thing, when I use the “back” button of browser, the changes made in the wp editor where saved and if I go and look at the published page, changes where also made. So wordpress seams to take the changes into account and publish them. Nevertheless, if I change other things that what’s in the editor like attributes, thumbnails, etc (anything that is not text), the changes appear on the published page, but not in the wp admin area, even if I refresh the page.
So I run a few tests to see when this bug occurs and that’s what I found.
I DON’T get the error message on :
– posts (with or without translation before upgrade)
– custom post types (with or without translation before upgrade)
– pages with NO translation created before the upgrade
– new pages and their translation created AFTER the upgrade
I DO get the error message on :
– pages created before the upgrade that already had one translation (or more)
– pages created before the upgrade that already had one translation even if I delete the translation and re-create it.
I tried to put maximum details about the bug, so if anybody got an idea or the same bug and solved it I would be glad to here about the solution.
I was smart enough to backup old 1.8 plugin version + databade just before the upgrade so I will restore it for the moment until this bug is solved
- The topic ‘[Resolved] [Plugin: WPML Multilingual CMS] Get "Fatal error: Element ID already exists" when upgradin’ is closed to new replies.