Trying to figure this one out in order to provide a permament fix for the development version.
I'm kind of figuring out that later in the edit page loop it gets to the comment section which you guys have suppressed for the edit page (which makes sense). Now without the reset $post is not the original edit page page but the last post listed on the dashboard which in this case doesn't have comments turned off.
1. Given the above the comment would be for the last listed post. Not the edit page. Is this correct?
2. For testing purposes how did you suppress the comment field?
3. By line 272 I gather you really mean the next line?
4. This file has a have_posts() loop within another have_posts() loop though I'm not sure of the reason why. Why do you put the reset in the inner loop instead of after the outer loop?
5. Does putting wp_reset_postdata() just before the end of the function (line 304) work equally well?