When using a browser plugin to see if I'd correctly styled my first link priority* correctly I discovered that this plugin is "stealing" the first link.
In case anyone doesn't know, the first link is literally the first link Google sees on the page -- it is ESSENTIAL to building keyword/link authority for your site. Search for "first link priority" for further explanation.
I put "stealing" in quotes above because I don't know if its the developers intention to be taking the first link away from everyone using their plugin, or if its just an accident. For the time being I'm going to disable the plugin since its having a major detrimental effect on our SEO.