[resolved] [Plugin: WP Super Cache] Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 0 in (3 posts)

  1. TomUsher
    Posted 6 years ago #

    I'm using WordPress 2.7
    MySQL: 4.1.22-max-log
    PHP: 4.3.11
    Server: Apache
    I did a fresh install of WP Super Cache 0.8.6
    It works:
    <!-- Dynamic Page Served (once) in 5.340 seconds -->
    <!-- Cached page generated by WP-Super-Cache on 2008-12-25 21:32:50 -->
    <!-- Compression = gzip -->
    However, every time I go to a different page, I receive the following:

    Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 0 in /home/content/X/J/C/XJCsPBKm2sxzC4/html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/wp-cache-phase2.php on line 88

    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/X/J/C/XJCsPBKm2sxzC4/html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/wp-cache-phase2.php:88) in /home/content/X/J/C/XJCsPBKm2sxzC4/html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/wp-cache-phase2.php on line 37

    When I reload each page, the warning is gone. I have the plugin switched to "OFF" right now in the settings, since I have no idea what others see when it's on. I sure don't want everyone receiving the warning message above the header.

    You may or may not be able to tell from the above, but WordPress is installed in a subdirectory and not at the HTML server root for my user. That used to matter with your plugin. I couldn't get it to work without, among other things, putting the .htaccess file at root and adding "/wordpress" before each URL. I didn't have to do that this time.

    Anyway, I hope you can see the problem right off, because this exhausts my knowledge on the subject.

    Oh lastly, this is GoDaddy, which also used to matter several versions ago.

    Thanks! It's a good plugin but not for the faint-hearted. A willingness to learn was required, for me anyway.

  2. TomUsher
    Posted 6 years ago #

    I fixed this a while back by deleting an unsupported character in the "Accepted Filenames & Rejected URIs" text box on the settings page. If memory serves, it was the * [asterisk] character that was the culprit. I don't understand why my support question went without a reply though. My feeling is that unsupported characters should be listed next to the textbox so users won't used them by mistake, unless they don't bother to look at the list and instructions. I like this plugin, but it isn't self-explanatory. It needs more instructions geared toward the less experienced.

  3. Donncha O Caoimh
    Posted 6 years ago #

    Interesting. There's no need for a wildcard because it matches the string in the URI. I'll think about how to fix/filter this.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic