I tried installing and successfully uninstalled the WP Super Cache plugin a few times. It always does the same :
- after installing, I choose Activate
- I am then asked to go to the config page for caching activation
- I open the suggested page which has a yellow banner saying : WP config has been modified
- whatever I do next (I tried a few things) next page will be blank (be it site or admin)
Having no other option I follow the uninstall procedure named "If all else fails and your site is broken". This works very well and my website works again... without caching.
Maybe worth mentioning:
- I previously used W3 Total Cache, which worked (no blank screen or error) but wasn't right for my needs. It is supposed to be uninstalled properly, but who knows.
- Permalinks activated and working.
- php5 activated.
- wp-content is chmod 755
- Other plugins running :
All in One SEO Pack
Broken Link Checker
Contact Form 7
FeedWordPress Duplicate Post Filter
Google XML Sitemaps
Viper's Video Quicktags
WordPress Database Backup
WPtouch iPhone Theme