I’m having trouble getting WP Super Cache working, and I know my setup is atypical.
The symptoms are numerous and inconsistant, so I’ll try to keep my questions generic.
I’m running 3.0b2 and the development version of WPSC as recommended by Donncha.
I am using not only multisite, but also Andrea’s “multisite” plugin (which has become a bit of a misnomer, as in 3.0 its capability is better described as “multinetwork”). In other words, I have multiple networks of subdirectory blogs on different subdomains (examlple.com/blogs as well as more.example.com/blogs) based on one WP install.
I’m hosting it on a Debian Lenny server.
I thought for sure that the default .htaccess file would not be sufficient to cover all the possible URL permutations of my install, but it does seem to work at least partially—properly separating the different subdomains into different cache folders and caching the home page for each.
However I have errors like crazy on the settings page and it seems only one page of each site—the home page—is being cached for each site.
Some problems I’ve seen:
- Errors about .htaccess file being wrong, though it is not (also this error seems to come and go, oddly)
- Test function reporting timestamps don’t match or aren’t present
- Preloading not working at all
- Only home pages being cached, and intermittently at that
Is this just the result of using a work-in-progress plugin on a work-in-progress install? Is it my unusual setup? Is there anything I can do to work these issues out? I’d be very grateful to anyone who can help me answer these questions.
(Note: I am also running WPSC dev version on a standard 3.0b2 install with no problems!)
- The topic ‘[Plugin: WP Super Cache] How can I get WPSC working on my setup?’ is closed to new replies.