Your plug-in works great. I absolutely love it! As I was testing, I noticed that the generated links on the resulting html page had the description for the title tag instead of the name. I could be wrong, but From a SEO standpoint, I don’t think this makes sense. From my understanding, link titles shouldn’t be 160 characters long. To make it more SEO friendly, as I understand SEO, I changed one line of code:
Your code: $title = $desc;
My change: $title = $name;
I think your code could easily be adapted to format download pages as well. You’ve done a great job! Thank you very much for your hard work.