I'm making this suggestion because there seems to be a need among users of multi-page posts and nobody to meet them since the "Multi-page Toolkit" plugin appears to be defunct.
I also suggested these to the "View All Button" plugin, but this looks like a relatively attended-to plugin, so I thought I'd ask you too!
There doesn't seem to be a comprehensive post paging plugin. Consider adding the functionality of the View All Button plugin, the Indizar plugin, and something that could help someone generate a drop-down TOC or at least "name" each page (a la feature articles at TomsHardware.com).
Here's a list of possible capabilities:
- wp_link_pages currently lets you do a list of numbers OR previous/next links. Allow for both!
- add a "view all pages" link (like this plugin already does!)
- add the capability to "name" each page, which would allow for:
- table of contents! Allow short code to put the TOC whereever you wanted (top or bottom of the article, possibly floated left or right) or, better yet, in a drop down you could position at the top and/or bottom of the article (again, like feature articles on Toms Hardware).
- If the plugin made use of the <!-- nextpage --> tag (which would be great to preclude the need for theme editing), it would be awesome if it also added the "next page" button back to the TinyMCE toolbar!
- Finally, all of these options should be able to be mixed and matched, turned on and off. :)
Just a wishlist!
I'd write such a plugin were I capable. :)